Sunday, December 4, 2011

Public and Street Art 2






Here's some more street art.

Since printmaking have the capacity to replicate itself, inherently acquires a strong democratic role within our society, from printed media to fine art prints, this medium expands the probability to reach an audience that hardly some times have access to the art world. Also the strong tradition which I carry on with (when I mention this I'm making reference to the strong silkscreen poster tradition that artist like Lorenzo Homar, Carlos Raquel Rivera and Rafael Tufiño etc. developed since the 50's.), makes me question myself about what should be the next step in order to reach again this audience. We'll at this time I made the decision about breaking that poster square and letting the image ran freely in that same environment it was posted before, the Street. So this it the result in collaboration with other artist...


No comments:

Post a Comment